*Please complete your FSAS profiles with calendar year 2017 data.*
The campus-wide implementation of the Digital Measures Faculty and Staff Activity System (FSAS) is entering its second year. Based on the feedback from a faculty survey the implementation team has undertaken quite a few improvement projects.
Among the notable improvements are:
- Pre-populating Graduate and Postdoctoral Advising Activities screen from the CSU Source Database
- Adding and Pre-populating a New Screen for Kuali Research Proposal Data
- Improved College Activity Reports and CSU Level Reporting
- Added an Application Programming Interface (API) to Provide Core FSAS Data to Colleges to Populate Directories and Faculty Web Pages
- Screen and Data Field Modifications for Librarianship
- Improved Options for Data Fields (e.g., Workload, Multiple Author Presentations, Engagement and Extension, Artistic and Professional Performances)
Digital Measures has also added a CV creation tool that features drag and drop functionality and the ability to create and store multiple CV versions.
The implementation team will conduct walk-in help clinics in Morgan Library Room 171 on the following days and times:
Tuesday 12/12/2017 9:00 to 10:30 am
Tuesday 12/12/2017 1:30 to 3:00 pm
Thursday 01/11/2018 9:00 to 10:30 am
Thursday 01/11/2018 1:30 to 3:00 pm
The FSAS tool is used by many other major universities to reduce the burden around the collection, maintenance and reporting of faculty teaching, research and service accomplishments. Supported by a robust user community, FSAS represents a significant process improvement for faculty activity collection and will provide numerous benefits to both individual faculty and to the institution as a whole. We urge you to take advantage of this tool by completing the data fields and using the CV, Activity Report and NSF/NIH bio-sketch functionality.
Daniel Bush, Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs and Doug Leavell, Director Research Analytics Administration